HOT ROD LEGENDARY POWER TOUR RETURNS
JUNE 6-12, 2015
7 Cities in 7 Days | 5,800+ Performance Cars | Registration Opens Dec. 10, 2014
LOS ANGELES, CA – The 21st annual HOT ROD Power Tour returns in 2015 with exciting new features for spectators, participants, and auto-enthusiasts worldwide as the seven-day, seven-city journey travels more than 1,000 miles from Madison, WI, to Baton Rouge, LA, June 6-12, 2015.
Presented by Chevrolet Performance, HOT ROD Power Tour is widely considered to be the finest high-end automotive tour in the world, bringing to life the pages of HOT ROD magazine as performance car lovers join HOT ROD editors and photographers cruising through small town America. More than 5,800 participants and upward of 90,000 spectators are expected to celebrate as the HOT ROD Power Tour welcomes all makes and models of hot rods, street rods, custom trucks, muscle cars, and performance machines of every vintage and nameplate. For many, HOT ROD Power Tour is the ultimate vacation with friends and family. Those who travel from start to finish are considered the “Long Haulers,” a title they proudly boast.
"Power Tour started way back in 1995 as a simple event for HOT ROD editors, and it's been stunning to watch it grow into the single largest road trip in the world.” said TEN’s Senior Vice President of Content Strategy David Freiburger. “So big, in fact, that last year's event showed us that we needed even bigger venues and even more entertainment for the participants. Our 21st year will be better than ever."
Seven Cities, Seven Days
The Power Tour will kick off on Saturday, June 6 at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI, Painless Performance Products will continue its long tradition of sponsoring the kickoff cruise night
Following the kick-off event in Madison on June 6, additional HOT ROD Power Tour stops will include:
- Sunday, June 7: Parkland College in Champaign, IL
- Monday, June 8: Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, IL
- Tuesday, June 9: Memphis International Raceway in Memphis, TN
- Wednesday, June 10: Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, AL near Birmingham
- Thursday, June 11: city and location to be announced soon
- FINALE EVENT on Friday, June 12: Lamar Dixon Expo Center in Gonzales, La., near Baton Rouge, Sponsored by MSD Ignition. *A private ceremony for Long Haulers only will be held on Saturday morning, June 13 at Lamar Dixon Expo Center.
Special Features and Highlights
The 21st annual HOT ROD Power Tour will feature:
- At each stop, a colorful midway of mobile display rigs from more than 50 performance manufacturers and aftermarket specialists– view the latest innovations and get expert advice
- Autograph sessions with motorsports celebrities
- Entertainment, celebrities, games, and dozens of giveaways daily on the main stage
- Drag Strip Fun Runs at Gateway Motorsports Park and Memphis International Raceway
- Take a spin on the Autocross (more information coming soon)
- Meet-and-greet opportunities with David Freiburger and Mike Finnegan of HOT ROD’s ROADKILL
- …and much more to be announced in coming weeks!
The HOT ROD Power Tour brings significant impact to the economies of each of its tour stops. Hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, and bars will play host to tour participants who are relaxed and enjoying the lifestyle of the ultimate hot rodding journey. The HOT ROD Power Tour annually attracts participants from around the world who plan for months or even years to make the trip, and they come prepared to make each stop a memorable experience.
Participant and Spectator Information
The HOT ROD Power Tour is free for spectators. Participants may register a vehicle for just one day or the entire event. Vehicle registration is open to any year, make, or model. Pre-registration is available beginning Wednesday, December 10, 2014 through Saturday, May 23, 2015 online at www.HOTROD.com
. Pricing is as follows:
- Early bird full registration: $80/Early bird single-day registration: $35 *Participants must register before Saturday, January 17, 2015 to lock in the early bird rates.
- Multi-day pre-registration: $99/Multi-day on-site registration: $125
- Single day pre-registration: $45/Single-day on-site registration: $55
For more information, follow the HOT ROD Power Tour at http://www.hotrod.com
, Facebook: facebook.com/hotrodmag, Twitter: twitter.com/hotrodmagazine, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 310-363-4231. For hotel info, visit travelplanners.net
or call 215-256-4128. For vendor booth Information, contact Martha Carrasco at 949-705-3135.
About HOT ROD
HOT ROD has been the most recognized brand in the world of high-performance cars since the iconic American magazine was founded in 1948. Today, the authoritative HOT ROD media footprint connects with more than 5 million individuals per month. The HOT ROD Network includes CAR CRAFT, CIRCLE TRACK, CLASSIC TRUCKS, ENGINE MASTERS, HOT ROD, HOT ROD DELUXE, MOPAR MUSCLE, MUSCLE CAR REVIEW, and STREET RODDER print and digital magazines; HOTROD.com; the two largest events of their kind, HOT ROD Power Tour and HOT ROD Drag Week; plus two monthly YouTube shows, ROADKILL (averaging 1-million-plus views per episode), and the new HOT ROD Garage.
About TEN: The Enthusiast Network
TEN: The Enthusiast Network
is the world’s premier network of enthusiast brands, such as MOTOR TREND, AUTOMOBILE, HOT ROD, SURFER, TRANSWORLD, and GRINDTV. With more than 50 publications, 60 websites, 50 events, 1,000 branded products, the world’s largest automotive VOD channel, and the world’s largest action/adventure sports media platform, TEN inspires enthusiasts to pursue their passions. For more information, visit www.enthusiastnetwork.com