State-of-the-Art stand-alone transmission controller for the General Motors 4-speed 4L60/65E and 4L80/85E automatics. Fully compatible with carburated, fuel injected and diesel engines. Laptop software included with several "base" calibrations to start off with for each application.
If you are using a GM 4L60E, it will fit 1996 and newer GM 4L60E transmissions only. (On later model 4L65E models it is not necessary to plug into the input shaft speed sensor.)
If you are using a GM 4L80E, it will fit 1995 and newer GM 4L80E transmissions only. (If earlier unit is desired to be used; the "Bosch" style pressure control solenoid MUST be replaced with the newer "Holley" style pressure control solenoid.
Be sure to click on the "Manual" link and download a copy of the TORC instructions to read about why it is the simplest electronic transmission controller on the market.
Basic required connections to run these transmissions with TORC:
1) (1) Ignition Switched Power and (2) Grounds
2) (1) Throttle Position Signal (5Vref and Reference Ground provided for Carb and Diesel applications where a universal TPS is used.)
3) Plug in the main 20 pin transmission case connector and the 2 pin Vehicle Speed Sensor connector.
Optional Accessories with TORC Module:
1) Push Button Shifting - this system includes three momentary push-buttons that can be used to up-shift and down-shift the transmission once the manual lever is pulled into drive. The third push-button is used for enabling/disabling the push-button option.
2) Table Select - this allows two different shift tables to be calibrated for one vehicle. Using the included toggle switch; one can simply have a street calibration in Table 1 and a drag strip calibration for Table 2.
3) Speedometer Signal Output - this signal from the TORC module can be calibrated to compensate for tire size changes, third member gear ratio changes and to accurately syncronize an aftermarket speedometer using a GPS device. It can also be calibrated to send the correct signal to most aftermarket Electronic Fuel Injection Systems.