21 Circuit Direct Fit Jeep CJ Harness P/N 10150
|CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ITEM ALSO BOUGHT|
Part Number: 10150
Not just a quick wash and a coat of wax on the old 10110, the new 10150 Direct Fit 1976-1986 Jeep CJ harness has undergone a complete “frame off” restoration. The new and improved harness addresses many issues that occasionally came up when trying to install the previous version.
Now included is a fully integrated ground circuit that connects directly to the negative side of the battery and provides a clean ground source to every component, as well as offering individual wires to help ground the dash and core support. This is a key addition for those using fiberglass bodies.
The charging system wiring has also been improved, now using 6 gauge charge wire and an inline 100 amp fuse, allowing hassle free usage of high amperage alternators. No more sourcing larger charge wire, piggybacking additional wire, or sourcing a larger inline fuse or fuse holder. The new 10150 comes out of the box capable of supporting a 100 amp alternator.
Connections for more factory CJ options have also been added. These additions include:
- Factory V6 & V8 Tachometers- Inline connections are now provided at the ignition switch, just like a factory harness, that plug into the wire leads found on factory V6 & V8 tachometers.
- Factory Clock- Two connectors that provide power and ground to the clock and clock backlighting that plug directly into a factory clock. These connectors can be removed to allow connection to a universal CJ clock as well.
- Automatic Transmission Steering Column- Reverse switch and neutral safety switch connections for those using automatic transmission columns.
- Under Hood Light- A factory style connection is now supplied in the engine harness. This connection will simply plug directly into the factory under hood light.
- Manual Transmission Pigtail- The old 10110 has always had a connection for manual transmissions, however, the 10150 now also comes with a transmission pigtail. This pigtail allows for the total replacement of the neutral safety switch, reverse switch, and four wheel drive indicator switch wires, where as the previous 10110 simply plugged into the existing factory transmission pigtail. Some assembly will be required to this pigtail based on the transmission your CJ currently has, instructions and details are provided.
- Factory Tail Light Connectors- Factory style molded connectors for the tail lights are now pre-installed onto the tail harness, allowing for a true plug and play connection to those using factory tail lights. For those using aftermarket lights which do not have the factory molded connector, a pair of Weather –Pac connectors is also provided to produce a clean, weatherproof connection.
- Molded Trailer Connector- Now included pre-spliced in the Tail Section of the harness is a connector for connecting to trailer lighting. This connector will supply tail light power, left and right turn/brake power, as well as a clean ground source. A mate to the pre-installed connector is even provided.
- Factory Style parts Kit- This kit will provide factory style connectors and terminals for many visible connections. This makes for a cleaner appearing install. Also included are harness attachment clips that fit the ¼” holes left behind by the factory harness attachment clips.
- Bulbs- The 10150 now includes all the bulbs needed for front turn/park and marker lights, rear turn/brake/tail and marker lights, as well as gauge cluster bulbs. Dielectric grease is also provided to prevent corrosion to the bulbs and headlight connections.
The biggest improvement to this harness is the all new full color instruction manual. This manual provides 140+ pages of color schematics, photos, and step by step instructions to wiring your CJ from headlight to tail light and covers most popular aftermarket add-ons as well.
NOTE: This harness is setup for use with factory non-electronically controlled carbureted engines only. However it will also accept any standalone fuel injection system.
Prop 65 Warning
Number of Circuits: 21 Circuits - 12 Fuses w/ Horn Relay and Maxi Fuse
Harness Length: Factory Fitment
Fuse Type: Blade & Midi Fuse
Firewall Passthrough: Bulkhead Connector
Color Code Based: Factory Jeep
Circuit Designations: Printed Wire Tags on all Connectors and Printed on Wire for Open Ended Wires
This harness includes circuits for:
- A/C & Heat
- Accessory / Cigarette Lighter
- Backup Lights
- Brake Lights
- Dome Light
- Electric Choke
- Emergency flashers
- Fused Power Source
- Horn (Relay)
- Ignition Coil
- Instrument Panel Lighting and Gauges*
- Park Lights
- Radio/Clock (Constant and Switched)
- Relay Activation / Accessory Power
- Tail Lights and Trailer Lights
- Turn Signals
- Under Hood Light
- Wipers and Washer Pump
* Including Wires For:
Brake Warning Light
Dash Label Lighting
Four Wheel Drive Light/Indicator
Gear Indicator Light
Complete chassis wiring harness fits:
- 1976 Jeep CJ
- 1977 Jeep CJ
- 1978 Jeep CJ
- 1979 Jeep CJ
- 1980 Jeep CJ
- 1981 Jeep CJ
- 1982 Jeep CJ
- 1983 Jeep CJ
- 1984 Jeep CJ
- 1985 Jeep CJ
- 1986 Jeep CJ